Making a gift of cash
A UK based donor wishing to support education at the University of Illinois can do so in a tax efficient way by making a gift to the UIUK Foundation, with a recommendation that their gift is applied by the UIUK Foundation to the University of Illinois, whether for the University's unrestricted use, or for a specified use—such as research, student support or faculty support.
1. Complete the Gift Reply FormDownload form
Complete the Gift Reply Form.
2. Complete the Gift Aid Form
If appropriate, complete the Gift Aid Declaration Form required to reclaim the tax benefit from the UK government.
The UIUK Foundation will be responsible for collecting its Gift Aid relief from the UK government.
Gift Aid Forms
The form includes a box that, when checked, authorizes the University of Illinois Foundation UK Limited to collect Gift Aid for the enclosed gift as well as all future gifts and donations for the past 4 years to the Foundation until advised otherwise. If that box is checked, the Gift Aid Declaration Form will be kept on record for future donations to the UIUK Foundation.
To make a Gift Aid donation, you must pay at least as much UK tax (Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax) as the amount of tax that the UIUK Foundation is reclaiming—25% of the amount you donate.
3. Mail Contribution & Completed Forms
Send the contribution and completed forms to:
University of Illinois Foundation UK Limited
c/o Withers LLP
20 Old Bailey
London EC4M 7AN
Attention: Ann Cogdell
Gift Acknowledgment and Management
After the contribution has been sent the University of Illinois Foundation UK Limited will:
- Send every donor an acknowledgement for all gifts received. Gifts will be acknowledged on the date of deposit in the currency given by the donor.
- Deposit all gifts into the UIUK Foundation’s local bank account and convert all gifts to US dollars at that time.
- Consider requests made by donors as to how their donation is to be applied. Where the UIUK Foundation approves a donation to support University of Illinois, the UIUK Foundation’s administrator will then notify the University of Illinois Foundation (in the US) of the gift, noting the US dollar amount and, when applicable, an anticipated Gift Aid amount (also in US dollars). The gift and anticipated Gift Aid amount will be combined and reported as one gift to University of Illinois Foundation on behalf of the University of Illinois.
The University of Illinois Foundation (in the US) will send each donor an individual gift acknowledgement in respect of the gifts it receives from the UIUK Foundation.